A Sense of Family
Volunteers play an integral role in providing a sense of family here at Dismas. The care and support from colleges, churches, corporations, and the broader community create a family network for our residents. They rely on that network for acceptance, re-engagement with a varied social network, encouragement with life skills development, and relational skills.
We count on our volunteers to:
- Set an example of how to live a healthy, productive life as an active member of society
- Bring a caring and positive spirit to the house
Want to join the Dismas Family?Start Volunteer Application
- We need office volunteers in two areas:
Clerical—Volunteers will assist Dismas office staff with filing, data entry, and correspondence needs.
- Development—Volunteers will send out donor acknowledgements, thank-you cards, and pledge statements. Other responsibilities include sending quarterly programming updates and event invitations and updating donor contacts.
Our committees to offer specialized skills and talents to support our residents and advance our mission. If you are experienced in one of these areas, we’d love to hear from you!
- Capital Campaign
- Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Government Relations Committee
- HR/Governance Committee
- Marketing and Communications Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Operations Committee
- Program Committee