Why Support Dismas?
The mission of Dismas House is to improve lives and strengthen communities by providing the formerly incarcerated with holistic reentry programming that breaks the cycle of incarceration.
The vision of Dismas House is to set the national standard for reentry success.
Ready to make a difference?
Why Give to Dismas?
At least 95% of the 30,000 of those currently incarcerated in Tennessee will eventually be released. Without programs like Dismas, returning citizens are often forced to return to a detrimental environment and the negative influences that contributed to their incarceration.
On average, nearly half of those released in Tennessee will return to incarceration within three years—while 80% of Dismas graduates remain free. While at Dismas, returning citizens are given an opportunity to fulfill their potential as positive members of our great community.
For more information, contact:
Jessica Guzman, VP of Development,
- 1-on-1 sessions to work toward obtaining photo ID, driver’s license reinstatement and other tangible goals
- 100% employment rate for those who have graduated from the Dismas program
- 44 financial-empowerment classes
- 70% of residents who left moved into independent housing
- 51 tech classes
- 597 case management sessions